Learning in Canvas
Canvas is most probably the system where you will spend the most time during your studies at the University of Gothenburg. You get access to your current course after you have registered in for the course in Ladok. Teachers can also choose to open up certain content before registration, you will then get access to the content through a special link.
Depending on how the teacher chooses to conduct a course, the course rooms can be structured and used slightly different. However a course room often includes:
- Learning resources, course material, instructions and links.
- Assignment submission
- Communication between teacher and student.
- Course evaluations.
Get started with Canvas
You log in to canvas with your student account, where your username is GUS******. If you are a new student, you need to activate your student account.
In most cases, you need to be registered for a course to access the course room in Canvas. Some course content may also be available before registration. There are several ways to find a course room in Canvas:
- If you have been admitted to the course, you will find a link to the course room on 'My Page' here on the Student Portal.
- If you are registered for the course, you will see it on the 'Dashboard' page in Canvas and through the menu, 'Courses > All Courses.'
- Sometimes, you may also gain access to the course room through a specific link sent to you by the responsible person for your education.