Get started with Zoom
You have access to a GU-Zoom account. It is important that you use this account, so that you are correctly identified if you participate in teaching sessions via Zoom. Using a GU-Zoom account also gives you more options if you host your own meeting, than if you use Zoom's free account.
If you have created a free account instead of activating your GU-Zoom account, you'll find instructions on what to do on the FAQ on this page.
Download and log in to Zoom
- Install the Zoom app on your computer/tablet/mobile phone via http://zoom.us/download.
- Start Zoom and select Sign In (do not select Sign Up).
- Select the option SSO, short for Single Sign On, which means that you want to use your existing GU account (your student account).
- When domain is requested, enter gu-se (so that it says
gu-se.zoom.us) and select Continue.
- You are now redirected to a web page where you log in with your GU student account (gus•••••) and associated password.
- You will then be asked if you want to return to the Zoom app. Answer yes/allow or similar (looks a little different on different devices). You are now logged in to Zoom with your student account.