Abroad with study support

If you have a permanent disability and receive support during your studies at the University of Gothenburg, you can usually also receive support if you study or undertake VFU (Field Education) abroad. If you wish to do international internships, you need to contact your host internship placement yourself for a discussion about your needs.

General information about study support offered at the University of Gothenburg is available here.

Below is a checklist for how to go about applying for study support during your exchange studies.

1. Contact the International Coordinator at the University of Gothenburg

Inform your study counsellor/international coordinator at the University of Gothenburg about your needs for study support while studying abroad. Your international coordinator will help you contact the exchange host university in order to discuss your support.

2. Contact the University of Gothenburg’s Coordinator for Study support

Each student receiving study support has a coordinator at the University of Gothenburg to turn to. If necessary, the coordinator can arrange for you to receive your NAIS statement in English. (The document that describes what kind of study support you are receiving at the University of Gothenburg.)

The coordinator's contact information can be found here.

3. Apply for Help to Cover Miscellaneous Expenses

Some exchange programmes accept requests for help covering miscellaneous expenses that the academic institution or the individual student incurs and that are not covered in any other way. Examples include:

  • transports
  • teaching material
  • a personal assistant
  • physiotherapy
  • medical assessment in the host country
Johan Ahlgren
Erasmus Studies
Lena Pedersen
Erasmus Internship

For other exchange programmes, (except from Erasmus Studies and Erasmus Internship) you need to inform your international coordinator and your coordinator for study support about costs you may incur. They can tell you how these costs will be covered.