In case of emergency:

Dial 112 to alert the ambulance service, fire brigade or police.

Make sure you are reachable in case of incidents or crises

In order for the university to be able to contact you when something happens, it is very important that your contact details are updated in all systems and that you read your student email. We recommend that you enter a phone number in Ladok where we can reach you in the event of a crisis.

Change contact details in our systems

In the event of security incidents or crises, information that affects many students is published in the Student Portal, but other channels can also be used (such as social media).

Access to the premises 

You have access to the premises that you are authorized to be in. Where you get access depends on which courses you are registered at. To enter locked premises, you use your GU card. On weekends, at certain hours and in certain premises, you also need to enter your PIN code to enter.

Your GU card is personal and may not be lent to anyone else. Pay attention when opening locked premises so that unauthorized persons do not follow you inside.

More about the GU card

Do not leave belongings unattended

Remember to keep an eye on your belongings when in the university premises. Do not leave valuables such as mobile phone and computer unattended. Bring them with you when you leave your workplace, even if only for a short time.

Thefts that occur in conjuction with studies or in university premises should be reported to the police and in the university's system for incident reports, IA. 

At each department there is a main person in charge who is called a Head of Department. It is primarily the head of your department who you should turn to for help and support if something has happened.

Report crimes and security incidents

If you are the victim of a crime in connection with your studies or on university premises, it must be reported. You report in a system called IA. Examples of things that should be reported are hate, threats, violence, harassment or offence and theft. You can also report other types of security incidents and suggestions for improvement in IA. Crimes should also be reported to the police.

If something belonging to you is stolen on the university's premises, you must file a police report and report the theft in IA. As a private individual, you are responsible for submitting the report to the police.

If something belonging to the university is stolen, you report the theft in IA, but the university is responsible for the police report.

To more information on how to report in IA

When you are abroad and are the victim of a crime

If you are the victim of a crime while you are abroad, it is recommended that you report it in the country where it occurred so that the local police can investigate the incident.

To reach the Swedish police when you are abroad, call +46 77 114 1400. More information is found on the website of the Swedish police

What happens when I report?

Once you have reported, your case will be assigned to someone at your department who will handle the case. 

Why should I report?

The university is responsible for your study and work environment and it is therefore important that you report any incidents or problems. By reporting, you help us to develop our work with safety issues. 

Report the incident as soon as possible after it has occurred, and remember that it is better to report once too often than not at all!

Things to consider before and during a fire

  • Be prepared
    Study the evacuation plans available in all university buildings. They contain information on evacuation routes, the location of extinguishing equipment, fire alarm buttons and the location of the assembly point. 
    When the evacuation alarm goes off, it is always a real alarm and you should leave the premises immediately!
  • Rescue
    Rescue those in immediate danger and help each other, but do not put yourself at unnecessary risk.
  • Warn
    If there is a fire or if the evacuation alarm goes off, warn others to get them to leave the building. Bear in mind that people listening to music on headphones may have difficulty hearing the alarm.
    If the alarm has not sounded, or if evacuation is necessary for another reason, press the fire alarm buttons located in the building.
  • Alert
    Alert the emergency services via SOS Alarm by dialing 112 and answering the operator's questions. By dialing 112, the right resources can be sent to the scene at an early stage.
    If you do not know which address you are calling from, you can find information on the evacuation plan.
  • Extinguish
    All fires are small at first and early intervention makes a big difference. Extinguish the fire if you consider it possible, but do not expose yourself to unnecessary risks.
  • Evacuate
    Leave the building via the nearest smoke-free evacuation route and make your way to the assembly point. Close doors behind you to limit the spread of fire and smoke. Lifts should not be used for evacuation.
    Are there people who need help to get out? The stairwells of buildings can often serve as a safer zone during a fire. Here, people with reduced mobility or orientation skills can wait for help from the emergency services. Find out what the procedures are in the building you are in.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
  • Once you are outside
    Go to the assembly point. If you know that there are people left in the building or where the fire is, it is important that you report this to the evacuation leader or directly to the emergency services.
    The silence of the evacuation alarm does not necessarily mean that the danger is over. Therefore, never go back into the building before the emergency services or the responsible evacuation leader have approved to do so.