The University of Gothenburg is annually allocated funds from the Adlerbertska foundations. The Scholarship Board at the University of Gothenburg are responsible for awarding grants.
Application period for year 2023: 28 August to 22 September 2023.
Please note that the rules for Adlerbert scholarships are currently under review and may change for the 2024 call.
You can receive a maximum of two scholarships on first- and second cycle level.
To be eligible for Adlerbert scholarships, you should have:
- Conducted studies for two semesters at the University of Gothenburg and acquired at least 30 higher education credits at the University of Gothenburg.
- A registration of at least 30 higher education credits at the University of Gothenburg during the scholarship year.
- Only received the scholarship once before.
Purposes for which you may apply
Adlerbert scholarships at the University of Gothenburg awards scholarships with priority for travel abroad within the studies. You can also apply for travels within Sweden, Housing Scholarship (a contribution to your rental costs during your studies at the University of Gothenburg) and then Study Scholarship (for expenses around your studies at the University of Gothenburg).
You can apply for a Study scholarship, travel scholarship and housing scholarship in the same application. You can only receive one scholarship per application round
The scholarship funds are divided in proportion for each faculty. The pot is then divided between first- and second cycle level.
Applications for travel abroad are prioritized and ranked according to the maximum number achieved credits at the University of Gothenburg. Next priority is travel within Sweden and finally Housing Scholarship and Study Scholarship.
How to apply
Applications are made in the University's scholarship application system. The complete application must be confirmed with Swedish BankID. If you don't have Swedish BankID you can print, sign and send the application by post to: The Scholarship Board at the University of Gothenburg, Box 100, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
The application should contain, per purpose:
- Travel scholarship must contain information about the destination, time and purpose of the trip, as well as a cost specification. Travel to Gothenburg and travel that is less than 50 km from Gothenburg is not included. Applying for a scholarship for travel can include a maximum of two different trips. The travel may not begin before the 1 of January the same year you apply and must be completed no later than 30 of June one year afer the scholarship year (Scholarship year 1 July - 30 June).
- Housing scholarship is done by filling in Rental cost per month. The scholarship is a contribution to your rental costs during your studies at the University of Gothenburg during the scholarship year.
- Study scholarship is for expenses around your studies at the University of Gothenburg during the scholarship year. All applications are counted as an application for a study scholarship
Apply to the Adlebert scholarships
Reporting of costs covered
Applicants who have received a travel scholarship must report the costs covered by the scholarship in the application system (exceptionally on a paper form which is signed and sent by post). The report shall be made latest one month after the travel or after the payment of the Scholarship is made.
To the application system
Form for reporting to the Adlerbert scholarship (PDF)
Reallocation of a travel scholarship
In the event that a travel scholarship granted cannot be used for the applied travel, it is possible to apply for reallocation for another travel relevant to the studies. A scholarship can only be reallocated once. Reallocation is done when reporting the travel, marking that the travel has changed since the application date.
If you have remaining funds from the scholarship after the travel(s) has been made, you can use it for living and study expenses, or for another trip relevant for your studies.
If you cannot use your scholarship and must repay the scholarship funds, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and complete information about the Adlebert scholarship (PDF)
Frequently asked questions about the Adlebert scholarship (PDF)
For more questions about Adlerbertska scholarships, please contact email@example.com
The foundations from which the scholarships are awarded are:
- Adlerbertska Scholarship Foundation
- Adlerbertska Student Housing Foundation
- Adlerbertska Grant Foundation
- Adlerbertska Pupil Housing Foundation
About donor Axel Adler